What is Zentangle? The word Zen speaks for itself, and the patterns we make with the pen are called “tangles”.
This 2 hour drawing workshop opens up your creative mind, enabling you to develop beautiful designs through simple mark making and patterns.
You don’t have to be good at drawing, only open to having a relaxing and creative experience. You will leave with a new way to relax and your own interesting and creative piece of art.
- Andrea will teach you the simple steps to Zentangle, making it easy for you to create beautiful and interesting designs.
- There are no rules in this workshop you can stay with small mark making designs or progress to filling your paper entirely with beautiful tangles. Andrea is on hand to help and guide you.
- Creating depth in your tangle – Andrea will show you how to shade with pencil and pen to enhance your designs further
- Andrea will advise on equipment and materials for your future with Zentangle drawing
Included in the workshop
- All materials – ink pens, pencils, paper and blank card with envelope
- Tea, coffee and biscuits
- A clear protective pouch to transport your art
Optional – (You might want to bring a sketch book, this will encourage the practice on a daily basis. (just 15 mins a day of Zentangle drawing can help you to feel calmer and become more creative)
Andrea looks forward to meeting you for this relaxing and creative workshop.
Examples of tangles
Examples of tangles used in a drawing